Betocrete C17 (BV)
Combination Crystalline/Plasticiser Admixture for Concrete
Betocrete C-17 (BV) is an inorganic, liquid admixture for waterproofing of concrete. Compared to other powder additives, Betocrete C-17 (BV) prevents the formation of lumps. Beyond its waterproofing properties, Betocrete C-17 (BV) increases the durability of the concrete. During the hardening process, fine, crystalline fibres are formed in the capillaries. These fibres reduce the diameter of the concrete pores and therefore block the water transport in the concrete matrix.
Concrete, modified with this product is permanently waterproof.
The reinforcement steel is therefore optimally protected against the diffusion of chloride ions.
- Liquid, therefore easier and safer mixing – no danger of lumps
- Increased water impermeability
- Resists extremely high hydrostatic pressure; on positive (active) and negative side
- Re-closure of static cracks up to 4mm
- Becomes an integral and permanent part of the concrete
- Concrete remains open for steam diffusion
- w/c ratio: 0.55
- No adverse effects with other admixtures or workability properties
- No adverse effects on drying or hardening properties
- An increase in compressive strength of up to 25% was found with all cements tested so far when fully using the products water reduction potential of approx. 8%
- Other water reducers are usually not required; for high slump concrete use also super plasticiser, if required
- Permanently active
Betocrete C17 (BV) PDF Download (123 downloads)